Changi Recommends turns five this year. The company was established in Singapore by Changi Travel Services Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of Changi Airport Group in 2012.
In 2012 and 2013, the company provided WiFi service for tourists in Singapore. In 2014, it introduced ChangiWiFi, an overseas WiFi rental service for Singaporeans visiting Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, USA, Europe, the Philippines, Indonesia and China. In 2016, it introduced a multi-city router for Southeast Asia as well as Vietnam. That year, it also offered overseas replacement services in Tokyo, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Manila, Jakarta and Bali. This year, three more countries were added to its list of ChangiWiFi countries – India, Macau and Russia. All in all, ChangiWiFi covers more than 40 countries with local presence and support teams in up to eight cities overseas.
We reviewed the WiFi service in 2015 and we constantly use this service whenever we travel. There are times we pick up an overseas SIM card from Singapore before heading to our destination just so when we reach our destination we do not need to queue to purchase the SIM card when we arrive.
Today it offers an extensive range of services including the sale of overseas prepaid SIM cards, local and overseas tour and attraction tickets, Japan Rail passes, airport transfers, flight tickets, travel insurance and Meet & Greet services. There are five Changi Recommends counters in all three Singapore Changi Airport terminals operating 24 hours, seven days a week so that travellers can collect their purchases at the airport.
To celebrate its birthday, Changi Recommends is running a #ChangiWiFiCan contest from 25 August to 8 October 2017. Just come up with social media videos to show why ChangiWiFi is a must-have on every vacation. The best entry wins a holiday with air tickets and accommodation worth S$2,000 to any destination.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Follow Changi Recommends on Facebook and Instagram.
- Upload video entry onto Facebook OR Instagram. All entries and profiles must be public. Entries must include the following tags: #ChangiWiFiCan #travelfromSG and @ChangiRecommends
- The video content should highlight the usefulness of having strong, stable & reliable ChangiWiFi connectivity while travelling. You may also include your experience of booking ChangiWiFi online, collecting and returning the routers at the Changi Recommends’ counters, and using the router on the go.
- The best video (as judged by Changi Recommends) will win a holiday worth S$2,000. It may be used to purchase hotel stays and plane tickets to the winner(s)’ destination of choice. Terms & conditions (as listed below) apply.
- Contest is only open to Singaporeans, PRs, and those residing in Singapore.
- Submissions must be in video format, uploaded on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- All entries must be public and with the following tags: #ChangiWiFiCan #travelfromSG @ChangiRecommends
- Entries containing expletives, nudity, and/or any content deemed as inappropriate (including but not limited to fraudulent and/or illegal activities) will be disqualified.
- Video entries must not exceed 60 seconds.
- Participants may enter the contest as individuals or in groups. For group submissions, a single representative must be appointed as the point of contact.
- Parental consent is required for contestants ages 18 and below.