Tripadvisor offers a new way for hotels and B&Bs to reach travellers by participating directly in Tripadvisor Plus. The new membership programme for travellers offers special pricing and benefits.
For the Hotel
Tripadvisor Plus hotels will have a special badging with increased visibility on the Tripadvisor platform. This programme is free for hotels to join with no upfront costs and zero commission rates.
Benefits that help attract ready-to-book guests include:
- More visibility, more demand – Participating hotels get extra visibility (higher placement in the Best Value sort order as well as special badging) on Tripadvisor, whether a traveler books through Tripadvisor Plus or not
- Lower spend, more bookings – Tripadvisor Plus is free to join and operates as a less expensive pay-for-performance demand channel than traditional online channels
- Total flexibility – With no annual commitments and no last room availability requirements, participating hotels can opt in and out of discounting at any time as occupancy levels change
- Stronger customer relationships – Hotels can market directly to guests after their stay
- More engaged travelers – Tripadvisor Plus reaches a highly valuable customer segment. On average, Tripadvisor Plus subscribers spend more and stay longer than non-subscribers
- Better guest experience – Tripadvisor Plus enables hotels to pass some of their third-party cost savings to their guests, increasing guest satisfaction and customer loyalty
There is an annual membership fee for travellers. Tripadvisor Plus offers the ability to up-level their travel by unlocking insider savings, personal service, benefits and perks such as a free bottle of wine upon check-in, room upgrades where available or spa credits. Discounted room rates available via Tripadvisor Plus can only be viewed by Tripadvisor members and can only be booked by Tripadvisor Plus subscribers, ensuring those rates are not widely available on the open internet, thereby preserving a hotel’s rate integrity.
Tripadvisor Plus launched in beta in December 2020 to a small slice of Tripadvisor’s traffic in the United States, and will soon become available to all U.S. travelers with additional markets to follow later.