Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has rebranded to Radisson Hotel Group effective immediately. The new identity will leverage on the brand equity of Radisson to drive awareness in the marketplace, increase marketing efficiency across the global portfolio and offer exceptional experiences to make Every Moment Matter for guests, owners and talent. Every Moment Matters will be the new signature service philosophy of the company and all its eight hotel brands with over 1,400 hotels in operation and under development.
“Today is the start of an exciting era for the Radisson Hotel Group, united by our new brand and long-term vision to become a top three hospitality company in the world,” said Federico J. González, President & CEO, the Rezidor Hotel Group and Chairman of the Global Steering Committee, Radisson Hotel Group. “Our five-year operating plan includes initiatives that redefine our value proposition, optimize our portfolio, streamline operations, invest in new technology systems and align our team members to deliver on our signature, Every Moment Matters. ‘Every moment Matters’ is about how we do business at the Radisson Hotel Group and who we are at the core – a place of purposeful encounters. For everyone. Everyday. Everywhere. Every time. Our rebranding is just the beginning.”
“The creation of the Radisson Hotel Group is an evolution of our long-term partnership with the Rezidor Hotel Group. Together, we are clarifying and executing a new brand architecture to create more value for our guests and owners,” said John M. Kidd, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Radisson Hospitality, Inc. “It’s the right time for us to align our strategic and operating plans and go-to-market as one solid player.”
The group has restructured the brand architecture and redefined guest experience pillars to be implemented across all eight brands:
- Brilliant Basics
- Memorable Moments
- Local Experiences
- Feel at Ease
The brand portfolio also has updates:
- Radisson Collection replaces Quorvus Collection Brand and will launch in June 2018 as a premium collection. (Welcome to the Exceptional)
- Radisson Blu remains unchanged and will continue to deliver a positive and personalised service in stylish spaces with continued expansion in major cities around the world. (Feel the Difference)
- Radisson will be introduced in EMEA to serve the upscale segment. In the Americas and the Asia Pacific, it will be refreshed with changes to its logo and visual identity, product design and guest experiences while focusing on delivering Scandinavian inspired hospitality. (Simply Delightful)
- Radisson Red, a playful twist on the conventional hotel experience, has rolled out a new product definition and updated logo with a robust growth plan across EMEA and Americas. (Enjoy It!)
- Park Plaza offers trend-setting designs and captures the energy and style of each individual location. The brand is currently being re-worked to make it more relevant for high-end international travellers. (Smart, Engaging Service)
- Park Inn by Radisson continues expanding its footprint globally and providing stress-free experiences, good food and upbeat environments in major cities and near airports. (Feel Good)
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson recently announced a new naming convention adding “by Radisson” to align the brand with the master brand and will stay true to its brand essence of country warmth. (I Love This Country)
- Prizeotel will continue to grow across EMEA to serve the modern economy segment. (Affordable High-Design)
Other changes include the renaming of Club Carlson, its customer loyalty programme, to Radisson Rewards. The updated programme comes with some enhancements including making status more accessible for members. All current members account numbers and point balances remain the same.
|Club Carlson (Old)||Radisson Rewards (New)|
|Club Carlson Red||Radisson Rewards Club|
|Club Carlson Silver||Radisson Rewards Silver|
|Club Carlson Gold||Radisson Rewards Gold|
|Club Carlson Concierge||Radisson Rewards Platinum|
|Tier||Former Threshold||New Threshold||% fewer nights|
|Silver||15 Nights / 10 Stays||9 Nights / 6 Stays||40%|
|Gold||35 Nights / 20 Stays||30 Nights / 20 Stays||~15%|
|Platinum||75 nights / 30 Stays||60 Nights / 30 Stays||20%|
Radisson Rewards for Business will drive engagement with professional partners including meeting and event planners, travel agents and executive assistants across all brands. The groups three Business to Business programmes including Look to Book, Club Carlson for Planner, and Club Carlson for Travel Arrangers will be reduced to one umbrella programme.
Radisson Meetings is an enhanced meetings and events offering that will launch later this year with a multi-brand digital platform.
RadissonHotels.com will be the new online booking website for customers, launching later this year.