UNITED AIRLINES is implementing a new boarding process at gates in airports around the world from September 2018. Customers will get more space and time to do whatever they want with the reduction of boarding lines from five to two. If you are using the UNITED app and opted in for notifications, you will get an alert when boarding for your flight has begun.
The two lanes will be colour coded – Green and Blue. Pre-boarding will be offered to unaccompanied minors, customers with disabilities, active members of the military, United Global Services members, Families with children 2 and younger and Premier 1K members.
Group 1 will board through the blue lane while Group 2 will board through the green lane. The remaining groups 3 to 5 will then board through the green lane where called. Groups 1 and 2 can continue boarding through the blue lane at any time.
Table of Contents
UNITED Boarding Groups
- Unaccompanied minors
- Customers with disabilities
- Active members of the military
- United Global Services members
- Families traveling with children age 2 and younger
- Premier 1K members
- Premier Platinum members
- Premier Gold members
- Star Alliance Gold members
- Customers seated in premium cabins: United Polaris, United First and United Business
- Premier Silver members
- Star Alliance Silver members
- Customers who have purchased Premier Access or Priority Boarding
- United Explorer, Club, Presidential Plus and Awards Cardmembers
Groups 3 – 5
- Economy Plus
- United Economy
- Basic Economy (Premier members, Chase Cardmembers of qualifying cards and Star Alliance Gold members will still receive priority boarding)