Priority Pass, the airport lounge access membership programme, now gives members access to over 1,200 airport experiences in over 500 cities across 143 countries. This includes access to 1,180 lounges as well access to airport dining, retail and spa offerings worldwide that can be accessed in the same way as lounges.
From June last year to June this year, Priority Pass has added 141 new lounges. Significant growth in the Asia Pacific region comes with the addition of 64 lounges to the network, with noteworthy expansion in Australia. Lounges have been added in Adelaide and Melbourne Airports as well as an additional lounge in Sydney’s Terminal 2.
48 new lounges have been added across Europe, the Middle East and Africa including a number of new openings in Russia. In North America, 27 new lounges have been added including the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in Los Angeles International Terminal 2, the First Virgin Clubhouse lounge in the Priority Pass programme.
In December Priority Pass unveiled the winners of the annual Lounge of the Year Awards with winning lounges in Jamaica, Estonia, Malta, Quebec, Singapore and Dubai. The awards are based on ratings provided by Priority Pass members. The overall winner was Club Kingston, at Jamaica’s Kingston Norman Manley International Airport.
The 2017 overall winners are:
- Global: Club Kingston at Kingston Norman Manley International
- Europe: Tallinn Airport Business Lounge at Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport
- Africa & Middle East: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
- Asia Pacific: SATS Premier Lounge at Singapore Changi International
- North America: Salon VIP Lounge, Québec Jean Lesage International
The complete list of winners in the 2017 Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards:
- Overall Winner: Club Kingston at Kingston Norman Manley International
- Overall Winner: Tallinn Airport Business Lounge at Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport
- Highly Commended: La Valette Club at Malta International
Africa & Middle East:
- Overall Winner: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
- Highly Commended: Dilmun Lounge at Bahrain International
- Overall Winner: SATS Premier Lounge, T2 at Singapore Changi International
- Highly Commended: Strata Lounge at Auckland International
- Overall Winner: Salon VIP Lounge at Québec Jean Lesage International
- Highly Commended: The Club MCO at Orlando FL International
Latin America & The Caribbean:
- Highly Commended: Aeroportos VIP Club at Brasilia J. Kubitschek International
Best Business Facilities:
- Overall Winner: The Club MCO at Orlando FL International
- Highly Commended: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
Best Quality of Refreshments:
- Overall Winner: Turkish Airlines Lounge Washington at Washington D.C. Dulles International
- Highly Commended: VIP Lounge (East) at Guadalajara Miguel Hidalgo International
Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff:
- Winner: The Club BWI at Baltimore/Washington MD International
- Highly Commended: Plaza Premium Lounge at Siem Reap Angkor International