Fiji Airways has officially become oneworld‘s first oneworld Connect Partner, the airline alliance’s new platform linking up to the alliance that enables customers to enjoy mores services and benefits. oneworld connect was unveiled in June this year as a new membership platform since it was originally announced 20 years ago.
You will see the new oneworld connect branding on Fiji Airways’ fuselages by the main passenger doors, or signage at airports as well as on other stationery and marketing collateral.
Fiji Airways’ Boeing 737 MAX 8 is the first aircraft to feature this logo. It touched down at its Nadi hub after its delivery flight from Boeing’s delivery centre in Seattle. Four more 737 MAX 8 will follow in the year ahead as replacement for older 737s flying in the airline’s short and medium haul network.
oneworld customers with Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status in any oneworld member airline’s frequent flyer programme are entitled to use priority check when flying in any cabin class on Fiji Airways. Emerald or Sapphire status members will also be offered priority boarding when flying on Fiji Airways.
Additional benefits are being phased in between Fiji Airways and American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas. Most of these additional benefits are already available though some elements will be phased in by end quarter one 2019.
- Benefits are only available when travelling on flights that are both operated and marketed by Fiji Airways and its sponsors. Flights operated and marketed by Fiji Link are excluded.
- Benefits to customers from British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas will be phased in from 5 December 2018.
- A date late in the first quarter of 2019 for when these benefits will be available to customers from American Airlines will be announced in due course.
- The ability for British Airways Executive Club members to redeem Avios points on Fiji Airways and for Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club members to earn or redeem club points or earn tier status points on Fiji Airways will be available shortly after 5 December 2018, from a date to be announced in due course by the airlines concerned.
- For detailed frequent flyer accrual and redemption rules, visit American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and/or Qantas websites.
- Benefits are only available when travelling on flights that are both operated and marketed by American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific or Qantas and where lounge access is offered.
- For lounge access policy details and a list of eligible lounges, visit British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, American Airlines and/or Fiji Airways websites.