Working holiday makers with a working holiday visa can save hundreds of dollars on travel and bucket-list experiences across Queensland.
The Sunshine State of Australia offers over 1,000 tourism and hospitality jobs. The state is currently experiencing widespread labour shortages, with the unemployment rate sitting at 4% in March 2022. the Australian Bureau of Statistics revealed 76,900 job vacancies in February 2022, a record number since the statistic was first published 39 years ago. For those looking for work in the hospitality and tourism sectors, visit the Work in Paradise hub currently is advertising around 1,262 employment opportunities across the state.
The Working Holidayer Pass is on sale now and priced at A$299 for a limited time until 31 August 2022 or until sold out. After that, the pass will cost A$539.
The pass includes one way travel to Queensland from Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra on the Greyhound Australia coach network, plus unlimited travel on all Greyhound services throughout Queensland. The pass also features a A$200 discount voucher for over 900 Queensland experiences redeemable through Backpacker Deals. The total retail value is A$739, putting an extra A$440 back into the pockets of young travellers.
Queensland Experiences include
- Moreton Island Three Day 4WD Explorer Tour (Brisbane) – pay just A$29 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$229
- Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge Day Tour (Cairns & Great Barrier Reef) – pay only A$36 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$236
- Whitsundays and Heart Reef One Hour Scenic Flight (Whitsundays) – pay only A$49 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$249
- Noosa Tandem Skydive (Sunshine Coast) – pay just A$59 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$259
- Ultimate Adrenaline Package Gold Coast – Surf & Skydive (Gold Coast) – pay only A$225 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$425
- K’gari (Fraser Island) 3-Day 2-Night 4WD Adventure Tour (Fraser Coast) – pay just A$349 with the Working Holidayer Pass, normally A$549
Greyhound Australia serves 111 different Queensland locations across 6,000km including Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay, Airlie Beach, Townsville and Cairns. Passholders can travel for 30 non-consecutive days over a three-month period.