TripAdvisor has unveiled its community-powered Travellers’ Choice Awards series for the 2022 Best of the Best Restaurants to help people discover all the must-visit restaurants when travelling. There are six different subcategories of restaurant types.
The 2022 Best of the Best Restaurants are calculated based on the quality and quantity of reviews and ratings for restaurants on Tripadvisor collected from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022, specific to each award subcategory, as well as an additional editorial process.
Spanning six contents and 51 countries, the recommendations feature award-winning restaurants. Diners looking forward to a special occasion should check out the Best of the Best Fine Dining winners.
The No. 1 Fine Dining Restaurant in the world for 2022 is The Old Stamp House Restaurant in Ambleside, United Kingdom. Taking the No. 1 spot for the second consecutive year, Old Stamp House, run by two brothers, is revered for its intimate, unique setting and tasting menu. Closer to home, the No. 1 Fine Dining Restaurant in Asia for 2022 is Akira Back in Bangkok, Thailand.
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in Asia:
- Akira Back – Bangkok, Thailand (Also ranked #17 in the World)
- Summer Pavilion – Singapore
- Tin Lung Heen – Hong Kong
- Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental– Hong Kong
- The District Grill Room and Bar – Bangkok, Thailand
- The Raj Pavilion – Bengaluru, India
- Boy’N’Cow – Seminyak, Indonesia
- Kaage at VARU by Atmosphere – Madivaru, Maldives (Also ranked #2 Best Date Night Restaurant in the World)
- China Blue by Jereme Leung – Pasay, Philippines
- Karavalli – Bengaluru, India
Diners seeking Instagram-worthy culinary experiences can scroll through Tripadvisor’s Best of the Best Picture-Perfect Restaurants list: gorgeous places where the restaurant looks as good as the food tastes – perfect for a selfie. Here are the top 10 in the world.
- Sunset Monalisa – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- KOMA Singapore– Singapore
- 7 Thalasses – Crete, Greece
- La Yola Restaurant – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- The Flying Fishbone – Savaneta, Aruba
- Porfirio’s Cancún – Cancun, Mexico
- Koral Restaurant – Bali, Indonesia
- Tomo – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Adamo ed Eva by Eden Roc – Positano, Italy
- Man Wah – Hong Kong, China
Tripadvisor sought to showcase lesser-known spots and places locals love; hence, a brand-new subcategory revealing the best Hidden Gems. Globetrotting foodies on the hunt for hole-in-the-wall local favourites can check out Green Point in Cusco, Peru, the No. 1 Hidden Gem on the planet in this inaugural award. This plant-based culinary experience will impress vegans and meat eaters-alike.