The next time you visit Los Angeles, remember to download the Discover L.A. app. This sleekly designed pocket guide helps you optimise your experience in the City of Angels with content that helps you to explore the best of Los Angeles. The app is now available for iOS devices while and Android version is in the works. You can download the free app from www.discoverlosangeles.com/app.
Discover Los Angeles, the city’s official tourism marketing organisation has partnered with Los Angeles County Arts Commission to develop this mobile app. It is the first-of-its mind to utilise proprietary A.I. built to enhance the Los Angeles experience. The app was funded in part by a transportation improvement project grant from Metro.
One key feature is seasonal scavenger hunts to incentivise urban exploration, kicking off with an ice cream-themed crawl through the city where you will visit some of the best parlours in town including Ginger’s Divine Creams in Culver City, Ihwamun in Little Tokyo and Salt & Straw in Larchmont Village.
Discover L.A. App Features:
- Highlights top daily events throughout Los Angeles County
- Finds locations featured in film and television
- Features transportation options by bike, car, and Metro
- Locates closest, free WiFi locations
- Develops itineraries based on weather, time and distance
- Discover accommodations by neighbourhood
- Creates a passport to save favourite locations
- Content developed exclusively for the app, including summer standouts like al fresco dining, outdoor music festivals and venues, and Pride events.
- Currency converter
Getting to Los Angeles from Singapore
There are currently no direct flights between Singapore and Los Angeles. Singapore Airlines, the local flag carrier, operates flights to Los Angeles via Tokyo. Another good option is to fly on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong, JAL via Tokyo, Korean Air via Seoul at under 20 hours. United Airlines operates daily flights via San Francisco. ANA, one of our favourite airlines operate flights to Los Angeles via Tokyo.
And if you want to pamper yourself further, stay at The Langham Huntington Pasadena.